Priceline Hotel: Wakiki Beach Resort 9/20/12-9/30/12 $180 Rejected

tlet
By tlet,
in

Try to bid on the resort on wakiki beach from 9/20/12-9/30/12

Increase the price to $180 Rejected

At $160, the system asked for $216.

I have one question, we have 4 person, 3 adults and 1 children. Now I feel it may not be a good idea to bid on priceline.

1. No guarantee that there will be a room with two beds.

2. The resort may charge for the extra person fee, so we really do not know how much we will pay at the end of the day.

Are those real concerns, am I right for my situation, I should not use priceline bid?

Welcome to Betterbidding.

PRICELINE only guarantees one bed/double occupancy. You can request two beds with the hotel after booking, but they could say no or charge more - there is no way to know. HOTWIRE is a better choice, as it allows one to indicate the amount of people and, if more than 2 are indicated, should ensure bedding for the entire party (that can be 2 beds or 1 + sofa or 1 + rollaway.)

It is unlikely that extra person fees will be charged with a PRICELINE reservation, but - very infrequently - there have been reports of it happening.

If you search on HOTWIRE for your dates, do you see any listings of interest? If so, please provide the zone, star rating, price per night in USD (before taxes/fees) and date/s of travel, as well as full list of amenities.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you so much for the reply.

One HOTWIRE, there is Waikiki Marina area condo for $177 a night,

1. 5.6 - 6.1 mi from HNL

2. 3 star

3. 90% recommended by hotwire

I guess it is Waikiki Marina Resort. but this price is enough higher than I directly reserved online.

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages

Best guess for the property above would be the Ilikai Hotel or the Waikiki Marina Resort. Whatever this turns out to be i woudln't be too concerned with quality given the 4.5/5.0 TA rating shown with this property.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]