Priceline Hotel: Looking for Punta Cana, DR All Inclusive

highnotes83
By highnotes83,
in

If you enter Punta Cana (and your dates) into the BiddingHelper.com search box at the top of this page and look at the PRICELINE tab, there are three zones that offer all-inclusive properties... which zone(s) are you interested in?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- if you haven't yet, please read your messages. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well I was interested in "Punta Cana - Bavaro". The location itself does not have the all inclusive designation, but when I click on that location, the star rating selections show an all inclusive "icon". We also think 3 1/2 stars may be more realistic for the price we are looking for. Thanks!

Just read great reviews on the iberostar resorts. Would love to stay there(iberostar punta cana). It's rated 3 1/2 stars on tripadvisor; is it considered a "resort" on PRICELINE or 3 1/2 star hotel? Is there a strategy to land specific hotels?

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

If 'All Inclusive' shows up next to the star rating as a Guaranteed Amenity then it will be an All-Inclusive property.

Based upon the above, do you want to try bidding on PRICELINE, using HOTWIRE in hopes of finding the iberostar punta cana or some other well reviewed propeprty, or seek non-opaque options where you can specifically chose the Iberostar Punta Cana?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I would be willing to take my chances with PRICELINE as long as it would be comparable & much cheaper than the other options. So are there any tips to bidding other than guessing? Also could you provide clarification on the "Resort" vs "3 1/2 star" question? If I choose Resort, will it feed me any resort in any star range(most places claim to be resorts) and vice versa, if I choose a star rating and not resort, will i be ONLY offered hotels?

I think I would be willing to take my chances with PRICELINE as long as it would be comparable & much cheaper than the other options.

What is the best deal you're able to find elsewhere at an acceptable hotel? Given this rate, how high would you be willing to bid for a 'sight unseen' property to make it worthwhile?

So are there any tips to bidding other than guessing?

There is no way to know what hotel you may receive when bidding on PRICELINE... you need to be able to accept [ui]any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose. If you want to have a guess as to what you may receive, then HOTWIRE is a better, although usually slightly more expensive, option.

Also could you provide clarification on the "Resort" vs "3 1/2 star" question? If I choose Resort, will it feed me any resort in any star range(most places claim to be resorts) and vice versa, if I choose a star rating and not resort, will i be ONLY offered hotels?

Think of 'Resorts' as 4.5* properties. The star rating you select is the minimum that you're willing to accept... so if you bid 'Resort' you won't win a less quality hotel (as per PRICELINE's star rating system)... but if you bid 3.5* you could be upgraded to a Resort class property. (essentially being upgraded from a 3.5* to a 4.5* property)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed in terms of star rating and we'll take it from there.

When bidding 3.5* in this region you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

NOTE: La Romana Oceanfront is NOT a re-bid zone!

Select 3.5* Punta Cana - Bavaro...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]