Priceline Hotel: Priceline lousy in July/summer?

DailyBidder
By DailyBidder,
in

I've just been having the worst time ever trying to book summer hotels, in the LA area, on priceline.

I'd been staying at hotels in LA using priceline, very affordably, for weeks, and then in mid june, all the deals went away. Since then I've had around 400(!) rejected bids, all at much higher prices that what was usually accepted in may and june. I've only had one accepted bid since then, for 5 nights. Other than that, I've been using other methods of booking hotels.

Does anyone know when the good deals will come back?

Also, I used to like getting the extended stay america hotels in the torrance-carson region, for as low as 28-35/night, but those deals seem temporarily gone (of course, I've also used priceline to get the hotels like the crowne plaza lax and crowne plaza redondo beach for more than that). Does anyone know of any similar great deals on extended stay america hotels, using priceline? (perhaps in the san fernando or san gabriel valley, since there seems to be nothing in the main LA region or long beach region, anymore)

I've noticed the very same thing. I've been booking hotels on priceline in the Torrance area for over a year now (I regularly travel out there on business & I'm there between 8-16 days/month).

I used to be able to get staybridge suites or holiday inn in Torrance at under $70.00/night but recently, I've gone up to $85.00 and still come up empty handed.

Crowne plaza in Redondo has not accepted any bids in the price range I used to regularly get.

Extended Stay America in torrance (formerly Homestead Suites seems to have either raised their prices drastically or stopped taking bids altogether.

Even the other 2* like Howard Johnson's seems to have stopped taking bids.

Had to resort to booking a 2* on hotwire; ended up at Motel 6 (Not what I would consider 2*'s).

Really bad right now; Only insight I have from the manager at Holiday Inn is that they have been almost sold out for almost 6 weeks, so they haven't even bothered to post anything on Priceline. Not sure what is going on to account for the sudden influx of business.

I've just been having the worst time ever trying to book summer hotels, in the LA area, on priceline.

Sorry to hear that your bids haven't been accepted recently.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could share recent wins, as the information - even for past stays - can help others.

Rates have gone up steadily in recent years, but once the Summer started this year, rates have appeared noticeably higher/inventory tighter. There is no way to know when things will change, but my guess is that things in some areas may get better as the school year starts again in September.

There is no way to ensure a particular property/chain (such as Extended Stay) when bidding.

If you need assistance, please provide the next set of dates you will need, as well as desired budget, star rating and zones.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I've noticed the very same thing. I've been booking hotels on priceline in the Torrance area for over a year now (I regularly travel out there on business & I'm there between 8-16 days/month).

Really bad right now; Only insight I have from the manager at Holiday Inn is that they have been almost sold out for almost 6 weeks, so they haven't even bothered to post anything on Priceline. Not sure what is going on to account for the sudden influx of business.

David V,

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Sorry to hear that bids have also been more difficult recently.

Sharing any prior wins would be greatly appreciated, as the information does help others.

If you need assistance, please start a new thread with date/s of travel, desired budget/star rating/zone.

Thank you for using the site's Hotwire or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

After about 20 or so rejected bids for Torrance, San Pedro, and Long Beach areas

anywhere from 3.5* down to 2*, I finally took on of their express deals at a 2* hotel in Torrance for $51/nt.

It ended up being the Howard Johnson's in Torrance. Not too terrible of a hotel but still disappointing considering I've paid $40.00 for the same hotel a few months ago.

After about 20 or so rejected bids for Torrance, San Pedro, and Long Beach areas

anywhere from 3.5* down to 2*, I finally took on of their express deals at a 2* hotel in Torrance for $51/nt.

It ended up being the Howard Johnson's in Torrance.

Can you please post your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC as well as include the amenities that were shown before your purchase.

It would also be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]