Priceline Hotel: 4* - Union Square east or west

w van
By w van,
in

Just tried bidding with no luck. Started at $120 adding $5 each time I added a re-bid zone. 7 re-bid zones available so I worked my way up to $155 with no luck. I figured this might be low but though I'd give it a shot since I'm not in a huge rush to get a room booked. I'll try again tomorrow starting at $160.

Sorry to hear your bids were not accepted, but you may able to bid better than you currently are and sometimes it can pay to 'backtrack' your bids a bit in case lower priced inventory has become available since you last bid... if you let us know your maximum bid for your next round of bidding we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the moment $175 may be tough for a 4* for these dates, but to give it a try using your SEVEN re-bid zones:

Select 4* USE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* USW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* USE and USW...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I used the PRICELINE links and the bidding strategy but unfortunately, no luck. I guess Union Square is more expensive than I had hoped. At this point, I would also consider the financial district. Does $175 seem reasonable for a 4* in the financial district? If not, I may drop the star rating and try for Union Square again.

Does $175 seem reasonable for a 4* in the financial district?

It doesn't seem likely at the moment based upon current rates... but you have nothing to lose by trying, maybe you'll get lucky! ;)

You can add the Financial District to the bids above and if that is rejected let us know if you want to try the 3.5* level, and if so, do you want to include the Financial District in those bids or stock with USE and USW for the time being?

I tried the bidding strategy for USE and USW again a few days ago with no luck. I tried it again the next day, lowering the star rating to 3.5* up to $175 (but adjusting the bids for 6 re-bid zones), no luck again. I really want to stay near Union Square so I've resigned myself to paying more than I had hoped. I just tried bidding on 3.5* in USE and USW up to $200, no luck again.

Hotwire has 2 hotels I might consider, can you help identify them?

-3.5* in Union Square East - Moscone area for $209. Amenities are boutique hotel, restaurant, business center, high speed internet access, free internet.

-4* in Union Square West - Nob Hill area for $228. Amenities are boutique hotel, fitness center, restaurant, business center, high speed internet, accessible path of travel, in room accessibility, accessible bathroom.

Thanks for all your help.

Best guess for the USE property would be the Kimpton's Triton hotel.

I'm not currently seeing the 4* USW property when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing this on your own search?

The 4* i'm seeing for your dates in the USW zone has the following (slightly different than yours above):

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Free Internet

Room Accessible

If you're still seeing the other property, are you searching for more than one room or something other than the default 2adults/0children?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]