Car rental charge...Maui

mousie
By mousie,
in

I have never used priceline or Hotwire for car rental, but would like to for an upcoming trip to Maui in October. If you use PL or HW will they charge you for an additional driver...that being a spouse. I know most of them don't if you go the regular route. Also, when., how far out... is a good rule of thumb to bid on a car...is it better to wait or do in advance to get the best deal. Thanks :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

...will they charge you for an additional driver...that being a spouse. I know most of them don't if you go the regular route.

This isn't true... it's company specific. This thread is quite a few years old, but as far as i know all the information in it is sill valid (but you should confirm on your own before making your plans based upon this information): Car Rental Spouse or Additional Driver Fee

Basically the rental company's "standard" policy would apply to a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE rental... if the agency typically charges those booking direct a fee for an additional drive, then that fee would also apply to those who book thru 3rd party agencies; if the rental company's standard rate allows an additional drive at no charge, then there should be no charge for a PRICELINE / HOTWIRE booking. Also, some rental agencies may have location specific policies which differ from corporate guidelines.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]