Hotwire Hotel: Could it be the Monaco?

Vazco
By Vazco,
in

Hey all, Im sorta new to this whole opaque bidding, but some friends swear by it, so im giving it a shot..

Im looking for a hotel in new orleans for 9/2 to 9/5. Using Hotwire, I see a :

Boutique Hotel in the Downtown New Orleans Selected amenities include:HotAmenities1: Boutique Hotel, Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center

Its being listed as a BestValue for $97 per night, which I could live with. I know this is always a risk, but was wondering if any of you experienced users could determine if this was in fact the Monaco.

One more question: Do hotels tend to give the worse rooms to people who use hotwire or priceline or is that a myth? Thank you all for your help...

Vazco,

Maimi,fl

I think I may be trying to ID this same hotel. I'm looking at the dates 9/16 - 9/18 and found a 3* in DT NO that lists - Selected amenities include:silkHotAmenities3: Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access It's listed as a Best Value for $79

It's not the Monaco, because I got it a couple of months ago and it was a 4 1/2 star. Could this be the Wyndham Whitney, possible downgraded from 3.5* to 3*?

To the poster above, you can never guarantee what hotel you'll get, just make an educated guess. And in my experience, it's a myth.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is the star rating of the hotel you describe above.

As far as 'opaque buyers' getting the worse rooms... it is part truth and part myth. This thread goes into more detail and discusses the subject in depth: PRICELINE ROOM ASSIGNMENT.

Let us know about the star rating and we'll take a closer look at this property?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]