Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Indianapolis (Airport IND) Crowne Plaza Hotel Indianapolis-Airport

bigdavy
By bigdavy,
in

My $50 bid was accepted by Crowne Plaza Hotel near the Indianapolis Airport. 3.5*, 3 nights, 7/20/12-7/23/12. With taxes and fees of 34.08, the 3-day total comes to $184.08. $50 was my first bid, placed yesterday afternoon 7/15/12. (Hotwire's price was 51/night before I bid on PRICELINE, then HOTWIRE dropped to 49/night a couple of hours later.)

I used the PRICELINE link at the top of the BetterBidding page.

I decided to use PRICELINE instead of HOTWIRE, because Hotwire's amenities for (probably) this same hotel did not say "non-smoking" so I was concerned that Hotwire would land me in a smoking room. Meanwhile Priceline's description of the Crowne Plaza on their (non-opaque) hotel list says "All rooms non-smoking" and this was also stated on PRICELINE's amenities list after I won the bid. Yesterday when I was getting ready to bid, the Crowne Plaza's own website said that if you book a "Standard Room" you might get a smoking room (and I thought this is what Hotwire might get me), but now a day later the hotel's website says this is a non-smoking hotel. (I figured at least the Priceline rooms would be non-smoking based on the PRICELINE description.)

I might have been able to win with a lower bid, but I was trying to get the 3.5* Crowne Plaza instead of the 3.5* Wyndham, so I bid close to the HOTWIRE amount and was successful.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]