Hotwire Hotel: I want the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh downtown & need help.

trigyyz
By trigyyz,
in

Hello again friends,

Thank for the help throughout the years! I am bringing my sons to a Steelers game and want to stay at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh downtown. I'll use the HOTWIRE or the PRICELINE link depending on whichever you decide. It will be one adult and two children. Check in September 15th and check out September 17th.

What else do you need from me?

Thanks!

...want to stay at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh downtown.

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

Is the Wyndham the only hotel you're willing to accept? If you search HOTWIRE for your dates and 1adult/2children does anything appear in the downtown zone within your desired star level and budget? If so, what are the details of the offer... star rating, zone, room rate per nite and full list of amenities that HOTWIRE associates with the property?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok, on HOTWIRE, here what they offer:

3 Stars, downtown Pittsburgh, $245/night, 3-star Hotel in Downtown Pittsburgh

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service)

The pool makes me think this is the Westin. As far as I know, the Wyndham does not have a pool.

PRICELINE shows Wyndham $269/night and Westin $260/night. (in the downtown area) Now, that being said, when you click the 'name your price' link, they only offer (1) 4 star and (1) 3.5 star. This leads me to believe that the 4 star is the Westin and the 3.5 star in the Wyndham because when you look at the previous page where it actually names the hotels, there is only (1) 4 star and (1) 3.5 star hotel in downtown Pittsburgh area. Also, in the place you type the dollar amount, if you choose 4 star, it says in the box "Median retail price for a 4 star hotel in the area selected is $260." and for 3.5 star it says "Median retail price for a 3½ star hotel in the area selected is $269."

thoughts?

on HOTWIRE, it only shows a 3 star in the downtown Pittsburgh area: (again, the pool makes me think Westin)

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Free Breakfast

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Thank you so much for the time and help! I really would prefer the Wyndham (I think)

Thank you, but would you agree that 3.5* one is the Wyndham Grand Hilton Pittsburgh and Towers ?

Amenities: Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

I see it when searching 2adults/1child and this does match previous reports for the Wyndham Grand so that would be my best guess for this one. (although these amenities are somewhat common for a 'city' hotel)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

letusnkow

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With PRICELINE you'll need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone... there will be no way to target this specific property; as well you have the double vs. triple occupancy risk since PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy.

With this note, if you're willing to accept the risk(s), what would be your maximum bid in exchange for not choosing your hotel? (do i recall correctly that the HOTWIRE offer is ~$225 and hotel direct is ~$275??)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]