Calendar not working?

OCC
By OCC,
in

is it just me?

When I do the win calendar and click on the days with wins, nothing happens. The decription implies it will show you the wins (FYI I was trying for Paris, France between 11/18/2011 and 12/2/2012, not many wins, but...)

Working fine for me... if you try another area (pick NYC or something else with lots of dates with wins for testing) does it work then?

If you have another browser on your computer try that one as well (at least to help identify if browser, local computer, or server related)

After trying the above please PM your finding along with your browser, version (HELP >> ABOUT at top of page), and if any error symbol appears on the lower left corner of your browser (if so, click it and in your PM let us know the error message you're receiving)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 11 months later...

I just tried in both IE7 and IE8 and had no issues with either.

For anyone that does have any problems with this please send us a PM with:

1) Browser type (IE, FF, Chrome Opera, Safari) and the version number (obtainable using the HELP >> ABOUT menu at the top of the browser)

2) the details of your search (PL or HW, dates, region, and zone(s) if not selecting ALL)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 9 months later...

sjeffr and yellowdog,

It is working for me.

Mac, OS 10.9.2, Safari.

I used March 30, 2014 as a start date so I could have both some past and some future dates.  Put NYC in the city.  Clicked on the top zone when it asked me that (I don't remember which was on top, but it shouldn't matter).

Checked both Hotwire and Priceline and both returned results.  

The Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins is a handy feature.  I hope you get the problem sorted out.

Romelle

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to use the calendar of wins for Charleston SC.  I've put in several dates and get no results. I did try NYC and received some results.  Perhaps there are just no recent wins for Charleston?  Iv'e used dates starting with today's date and a few days prior.    Anyone have any suggestions on how I can see some results for Charleston?  Maybe I should look at a few months prior to now.

So it looks like the dates were my problem. I just used dates from December and got results.  Now I'm having a problem understaning the results. lol

So, when I click to open one of the wins I'm taken to a thread with the title "4* Charleston (Downtown) Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel" and then the post reads, "Tried for 5 and 4.5 star first at $100.00 and was denied.

$100.00 a night bid. $241.62 after taxes and fees."

So, what does that mean?  I'm confused as to what the person won. And where does it say what hotel the person got?

Thanks!

Okay, so tried another search for January and came up with some results. This one it's clear, the person got a 4* hotel in downtown for $95/night. Initially tried $90/night but was denied. I still don't see where anyone is naming the hotel.  I can see how it's helpful to see what star rating hotel people are able to get at what price, but  how does this help identify which hotel you might get when bidding.  I feel like I'm missing something.

Thanks!

The first one you found, the person first bid at the 5* level and failed.  Then the 4.5* level and again failed.  The successful bid was at the 4* level and the hotel was the 4* Renaissance Charleston.  It was either for 2 nights, or 2 rooms for one night (since the total is well over $200).  That can be determined from the dates.  The first date is check-in, and the second is check-out.  So a one night stay would be something like 6/1-6/2.  

A successful bid always has the actual hotel in the title of the bid.  Perhaps you were looking at just the body of content and missed the title above?  The hotel is the Renaissance Charleston.   I don't know if "Historic District" is part of the name or was just added to convey more information??

And when you check a date range for which there has been no reporting, there is a fairly small print line that says "Empty Records.  Far left side of the page just under where you entered the request.

Sometimes you can find some reports if you go back a year to the same dates.  Those aren't necessarily very good measures of what you can do in the current year.  Just some ideas as to possible hotels.

You can get a better idea of what might work for bidding by entering your current dates in both Hotwire and Priceline Express.

Have you found the Hotel Lists yet?  They show all reported hotels for both Priceline and Hotwire.  

And then there are the Hotel Reviews clear at the end of this site.  A lot of people are kind enough to post reviews there, and the reviews have the unique perspective of the bargain rate.  Sometimes this is different than the higher expectations of posters on www.tripadvisor.com.

Romelle

sjeffr,

As this thread is concerning the function of the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins, for help with your upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC in the WASHINGTON (State) >> Priceline section of the board and we will reply to you there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]