Suggestion for NY State

JF1980
By JF1980,
in

On this message board, when you click on California, it give you the choice of LA, Orange county, San Fran, and all other. Is it possible that for NY the same thing can be done. One for NYC and one for everywhere else in NY. I understand a lot of tourists use the NYC link, but as a long islander i do not stay in NYC but i do travel upstate, and i have to search through "tons" of NYC hotels to find hotels for upstate. I'm not sure where you would put Long Island and Westchester hotels, but that can be a decision that the decison makers around here make. Thanks, this place is great! Joe

• 2 weeks later...

I also believe there should be sub-categories for big states such as New York. Someone looking for past bids of hotels in Upstate/Buffalo/Niagara Falls/Long Island/Queens-LGA/etc would have to weed out all the Manhattan hotels to find what they are looking for.

You can make the same argument for Florida and divide it into Orlando/Miami/Tampa/Fort Lauderdale/etc.

I feel that this is the major difference between this site and the other priceline help site, besides the unpopular moderator.

I am not even sure what the other site is that i have read about in several different forums. All I know is that I saw it for California on this message board, and thought that it would be good for NY to at least have NYC and the rest of NY. Albany Buffalo Syracuse and Rochestor are not big enough to have their own link like california's major cities, but it should be seperated from NYC. Whats the chances that this can be done??

While we are on the subject of re-arranging areas, I'd like to put in a suggestion for the New England area (where I live and travel most often).

New Hampshire is in with Montana, Nebraska and New Mexico. This works alphabetically but not really logistically. Vermont is in with Utah.

I'd love to see one category with three (maybe four) New England states, namely: New Hampshire, Vermont, and possibly Maine or Rhode Island. None of these states get so much traffic that they need their own category, but people who are travelling may go to several of the New England states on one trip.

I also definitely agree to subdivide New York State.

This should in no way be seen as criticism, but just some suggestions. I love this site and check it daily.

JB

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]