Hotwire Hotel: Looking for Help - Chicago Jul 28

GOMUPACK
By GOMUPACK,
in

Whew. My wife and I are going to Chicago for the weekend (July 26-29), and we have a hotel for Thursday and Friday nights (Shertaon Hotel Tower - $125). We are looking for the area NMA, we greatly prefer this to Millenium Park/Loop.

I've had troubles getting a hotel room for Saturday night, JULY 28. I've been bidding PRICELINE for a 3.5 and 4-Star hotel, up to $165 with no luck. (another member got a Priceline win for the Allerton at 8:19 am, yet I had no luck later that same day....guess that's the way it goes sometimes...)

Recently, I saw a post by THEREUARE stating that he saw what he believed to be a WESTIN HOTEL on NMA for $140 on HOTWIRE. I'd love that!

I have never used Hotwire....I find that it seems rather difficult to sort through about a dozen "amenities" arranged in random order to narrow it down to try to ID the hotel....sheesh there are about a thousand combinations, and it seems a difficult task. Maybe I am not approaching it the right way.

Anyway, if I could get some help for a 4-star on North Michigan Ave area on EITHER Priceline or Hotwire, that would be great. Budget? Well at this point I'll take anything below $160-ish.

Thanks MUCH.

BTW this board is such a GREAT tool! (of course I always always always post my wins and begin searches here).

Unfortunately, if you have no luck up to a certain price on PRICELINE, HOTWIRE is almost always more expensive. The cheapest I'm seeing North of the river on HOTWIRE is $176, which could be the Westin Michigan Ave or Allerton, but I'd strongly lean towards it being the Allerton.

If you don't mind trying a neighborhood instead of being downtown, I see the Hotel Lincoln in Lincoln Park for $169.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]