Priceline Hotel: 4* Montreal late August

walleye
By walleye,
in

Hi.

We are planning to go to Montreal for a few days in August this summer (specifically 8/26 - 8/28) and want my family to stay at a 4* hotel.

I'd really like to try the Omni but we'll see what happens.

We have 2 adults and 2 kids (16 and 13).

I am asking here to determine the correct time to place bids on Priceline as we will not be leaving for a month. Is it too early right now?

I've gotten rate quotes myself from the Omni for $275/nite CAD, and $219.95/nite CAD for the Bonaventure.

I'm hoping Priceline/Hotwire can do better.

The rates I quoted are for a single room with two double beds.

I'm hoping that with bidding with Priceline I'll be able to get two rooms for not much more than I was quoted for one room (I'd rather the kids have their own room).

Your assistance and guidance is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Walter

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We'll use this post for both Priceline and Hotwire advice and if you end up using the other service we'll just move your post to that section of the forum... easier to keep things organized having one active post per stay.

Do you have a maximum bid in mind? It looks as if your one room direct rates are about $175-$180US? Don't know if that is your maximum bid or if (as it sounds) you're willing to go a little higher than that. Let us know and we'll outline a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd rather not pay more than $120 / night for a *4 hotel property (i.e. 2/3 the cost of the direct rates...well, at least the cheaper 219.95 CAD rate).

I don't know why the Omni is so much (275 CAD) but perhaps it is because of the late summer season.

Thanks,

Walleye

You have four re-bids available when bidding 4* in this area. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zone with the board.

This is how i would bid:

Select 4* Montreal...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Montreal and re-bid zone4...

Bid $102, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $115.

Feel free to ask any question you have.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I seem to remember seeing here, although I cannot find references anymore, a post regarding how someone had signed up for a hotel's frequent-stayer(?) program and then used it somehow after winning a priceline/hotwire bid when checking into the hotel.

It was something about a room upgrade while checking in.

It might have been the Omni?

Anyone recall?

Thanks!

Walleye

• 10 months later...

Sorry folks....I never did get to Montreal last summer as I wanted to. Instead, we travelled to Florida to stay with my parents. Sheesh.....from one end of the states to the other...oh well....staying free with my parents won out at the time. At least the kids were happy!

Perhaps in the future we'll get to Canada and I'll be back here looking for assistance.

Walleye

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]