Priceline Hotel: Chicago Help 10/27-10/30

Jty1220
By Jty1220,
in

I am looking to book a hotel from October 27th- October 30th and would like to be in Millenium Park/Loop/Lincoln Park area. I am hoping to get a room from around 80-90 a night. Really dont want anything under 3*. Any suggestions?

I just tried bidding and came back with nothing.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

We are heading to Chicago to visit family and having a hard time with hotels. The dates of travel are from 10/27-10/30

I would like ot be downtown, N. Michigan ave, or the Loop. We would like to have a 3* and was hoping to try to get for around $100-$130 a night.

I have tried bidding but have had no luck. Any suggestions?

Rates are entirely date-specific, so what others may win at for different dates definitely may not reflect what it will take for your dates. Unfortunately, looking at these dates on HOTWIRE, rates are quite high - I'm guessing a 3* downtown in either of the two main zones may take as high as $150 (it's worth trying lower first, but unfortunately I think these dates will definitely require a higher bid),and if hotels are not discounting aggressively due to something going on, possibly a bit higher. 10/28-30 are somewhat better when viewed separately, but still higher-than-average.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, rates for these dates are quite high - I thought maybe this was an instance of one of the three dates being particularly high and then it would be a matter of splitting your stay, but looking at these dates each individually they're all quite busy (and look as if they've gotten busier than a couple weeks ago, unfortunately.)

Are you driving in or flying in?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

How high are you willing to bid at this time?

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Mag Mile-River North zone for $209/nite which seems to be the last expensive hotel offered in the 'downtown' area for your dates (other than a 2* hotel offered at $200/nite)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To confirm, all of these zones are acceptable:

Millennium Park, Loop and Grant Park Area

NMA-River North

Greater Chicago

...and you want to bid at the 3* level?

Please confirm the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The issue with Greater Chicago is that you could end up in sort of a "middle of nowhere"-ish area. Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park/River North-NMA are the two core downtown areas.

Unfortunately, I think you're likely looking at around $165-180 at the 4* level in the River North-NMA or Millennium Park-Loop-GP area, and you're likely looking at $55-70 at the 4* level in the North suburbs (not optimal, but throwing it out there) and you're probably looking at around $50-60 at the 4* level by O'Hare.

You could see if you get something for around $50-60 at the 4* level for the first night by ORD, then get something around $150-175 at the 4* level downtown for 10/28-30 in order to try and get a lower per-night avg.

What do you want to try for first... a 2.5* hotel in the NMA or Loop zones OR a 3* hotel outside of 'downtown'?

Please confirm your maximum bid and zone(s) you're willing to accept and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

I would really like to be in a 2 1/2* or 3* in the loop or NMA area.

Are you willing to pay more for a 3* vs. a 2.5* OR is your goal the least expensive 2.5* or better for this trip?
Please confirm your maximum bid...
???

I bid again last night with no luck.

My final attempt was for a 3* in Grant Park Loop/N. Mich Ave/Lincoln Park for $165

Also tried 2 1/2* in Grant park Loop/N. Mich Ave for $140.

The max I am willing to do would be $175 a night. if I cant get that I will probaly move my stay to O'hare for alot less and just commute.

I am fine with 2 1/2* or 3* in this area. I am thinking I will now add the "greater chicago" zone even though I dont know where these might be.

Thanks for your help

There's not many hotels in the Greater Chicago zone and there's rarely been reports of any wins in this area - The Marriott UIC and Hyatt McCormick are examples of hotels in this area, although they haven't been reported in quite some time. The South Loop Hotel also likely falls within this zone, and I'm guessing the Crowne Plaza Metro may also. The Greater Chicago zone covers a wide area, but the hotels in this zone are - aside from the Crowne Plaza - really not conveniently located.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]