Priceline Hotel: Priceline Bidding Strategy Needed for Jamaica

lauralovestravel
By lauralovestravel,
in

Hi there,

I am seeing a deal on Hotwire for a 3.5* All Inclusive for $184 per night in Ocho Rios Jamaica. Seems like a pretty good deal, but I want to shop it on Priceline first before I buy it to see if there are better deals out there. My best guess at the hotel is the Riu in Ocho Rios Jamaica. Hotwire says the hotel has a 90% satisfaction rating which seems great. We don't mind staying in Montego Bay, Negril or Ocho Rios. My only concerns about Priceline is that I REALLY don't want to end up at the 3* Holiday Inn Sunspree in Montego Bay or similarly lackluster properties. We would prefer to be at one of the nicer resorts with a swim-up pool bar! :)

So what would be a good priceline bidding strategy for this scenario? Hoping to end up somewhere decent like the Riu or nicer for $184 or less... or should I just book this deal on Hotwire and be done with it?

Travel dates: 8/13/12 - 8/18/12

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

Sincerely,

Laura

Just for comparison purposes, the amenities at the above Hotwire hotel are:

3.5-star All-inclusive hotel in Ocho Rios

This All-inclusive hotel features the following amenities:

Resort

Beachfront Property

Oceanfront Property

Food and Beverages Included

Premium Brand Beverages Included

A la Carte Dining Options

Evening Entertainment Included

Daily Activities Included

Children's Activity Program

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Accessible path of travel

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

All-Inclusive

Welcome to BetterBidding!

My only concerns about Priceline is that I REALLY don't want to end up at the 3* Holiday Inn Sunspree in Montego Bay or similarly lackluster properties.

I wouldn't have too high expectations from any 3* rated all-inclusive property... why not first try for a Resort class property (and even stretch your budget a bit if possible). If that is rejected and you then need to lower your star rating, either avoid the Montego Bay zone entirely OR take the HOTWIRE offer if you're comfortable with that offer.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]