Priceline Hotel: Pricing Strategy for 4* Los Angeles (Hollywood) W Hollywood

joojoobee
By joojoobee,
in

Hi I'm interested in booking the W Hollywood hotel for just one night, July 28th.

I've seen in past posts that people were able to book it for around $100, which is my ideal price. What are the best strategies to achieve this? I've used priceline and hotwire and am open to both.

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

When using PRICELINE you can't bid on a specific hotel, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

Are you willing to accept any 4* hotel in this zone OR is the W Hollywood the only hotel you're willing to accept?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you, I did read the message and will be using your URL. The W Hollywood is the only hotel I would bid on so I guess I'll be using Priceline. Are there other 4 star hotels in the Hollywood area that I might get? Are there any amenities that distinguish W Hollywood from other 4 stars that might help me guess that the property I'm bidding on is the W?

Thanks for your help!

You can see the hotels reported to the board thru each service in the Priceline Hotel List and Hotwire Hotel List. Thru each service there are other 4* hotels in the zone which is what makes using an opaque service (where the name is not shown until after your purchase) a risky proposition if you're trying to target a specific property... the deep discounts you see reported to the board are in exchange for being flexible in the hotel you receive.

Let us know if/how you'd like to move forward, and if you decide to book direct please use the board's link to the W Hotels, as found in our Support Page.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So the 4 star hotels in Hollywood area are Loews, Roosevelt, and the W hotel. I looked on the Roosevelt's website and it they're booked on the night I want. That means it's between Lowes and the W right? The only info I'm given is "Fitness Center, Guest Score 7/10 or Higher" and "guaranteed late night arrival".

So the 4 star hotels in Hollywood area are Loews, Roosevelt, and the W hotel.

Not really... these are the only 4* hotels reported to the board in this zone... there could always be others, including new hotels recently added to the system OR a previously reported hotel downgraded/upgraded to the 4* level and not yet reported to the board at that star rating yet.

I looked on the Roosevelt's website and it they're booked on the night I want. That means it's between Lowes and the W right?

No, we have seen hotels received while their website otherwise shows a sold-out condition. It is much more the exception than the rule, and if a hotel website shows sold-out it does greatly reduce the chances of winning that property, but it is still a possible outcome.

The only info I'm given is "Fitness Center, Guest Score 7/10 or Higher" and "guaranteed late night arrival".

Is this in PRICELINE's new DEAL EXPRESS section or on their "Name Your Own Price" bidding page?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

The amenities shown next each star level are amenities that are present at all hotels of that star rating in the zone... not a specific hotel that you would be bidding on. If all 4* hotels in the zone offer a Pool then the pool amenity is shown...if even just one hotel in the zone doesn't have a pool, then the pool amenity is not shown (and same for all the other amenities)

So there is no way to 'id' this hotel since it's not specific it any given property, PRICELINE is simply telling you that all hotels at the given star level have the amenities listed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]