Failed Bids in DEN Denver

nsxtasy
By nsxtasy,
in

Priceline often has better deals than you can get elsewhere, but not always. And my experience with Denver is a perfect example.

I kept increasing my bids every 24 hours, reaching the following amounts which still failed:

Economy $13/day

Compact $18*/day

Mid-Size $19*/day

These amounts include $3/day bonus cash, available to me on Priceline from the top menu at My Profile - My Rewards. So, for example, the $18/day bid for a compact car included $15/day as my cost, with Priceline absorbing an additional $3/day bonus cash.

Payless is currently running a sale with great rates (economy and compact $22, mid-size $23) with another 7 percent off on all rentals and 10 percent on a compact as specials for the next few weeks. When you compare the bottom line vs Priceline and their higher fees, the difference is negligible ($21.49/day or $120.17 total Payless mid-size, vs $108.16 the mid-size which Priceline rejected) and that's comparing bids that Priceline rejected, so their price would be even higher. And of course, Payless is fully cancellable with no loss involved.

By comparison, Hotwire is $35-36/day. Fox and Advantage also have lower rates than Hotwire on cancellable reservations, but they're not as low as the ones at Payless.

Hope this info is helpful. As always, it never hurts to shop around!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]