Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Back Bay - Copley Square) Hilton Boston Back Bay

MarcRRT
By MarcRRT,
in

Need some help/advice. Need a room in Boston for two nights starting Aug 21st. I've tried Priceline with no success. I've bid up to $150 for both a 4 star and 3.5 star exhausting all my free rebids. Hotwire shows a 3.5 star for $151/night. Can this be anything but the Hilton back bay or the Sheraton? The Hilton back bay is $223/night prepaid through hotel's website. Sheraton is $239/night. Would this be a good deal? How high would I realistically need to bid to hit a 4 star in Boston downtown? Lowest 4 star is Ames at $225. Parker house is $254.

The Sheraton or the Hilton would be the best guess for this one, but no way to tell which is more likely than the other.

Using the prices you quoted above, either would be about a $75 discount vs. a conventionally booked room which would be a pretty good deal, imo. You could try PRICELINE for a lower price, but then 1) you won't have any guess as to the hotel you may receive, 2) it may not be as well rated (4.0/5.0 TA rating for this HOTWIRE offer) as this property, and 3) if you get a different hotel than either of the above the retail price of that property may not be as high as these, thus you may get a better price but not necessarily a better 'deal' based upon the percentage discount of savings.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It showed up this morning and I jumped on it. Didn't save as much as I usually do using Priceline but it's done and now I can concentrate on finding a room for the other half of our vacation in NYC. It was $152/night. Hilton Back Bay. Prepaid through hilton.com was $224/night.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the purchase and this property should work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]