Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Wacker Dr) Swissotel Chicago

MikeCole
By MikeCole,
in

I was lucky enough to win 2 rooms over Labor Day weekend at the Swissotel for the price of $99. Moreover, I also reserved one room at the same hotel on Thursday Sept 1st and Monday Sept 6th for $103.

The listing on Hotwire was as follows:

Magificent Mile

4 star

Restaurant

Pool

Gym

Spa

Tennis

The circumstances behind this reservation was that I was arriving on the 1st and leaving on the 5th while my parents were arriving on the 2nd and leaving on the 6th. I actually could have reserved one room for all 5 days at $99 or $98 (I can't remember), but I was unsure if there would be a second room available after I booked one room. Let me know if my strategy was correct.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing it with the board.

Yes, if you wanted to ensure that you would all be at the same property you needed to split the purchase, bidding the 'overlaps days' (2nd-5th) in one purchase and then add one room to the beginning and end of the reservation (it sounds as if that is what you did).

Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]