Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention) Ramada New Yorker Hotel

rittlette
By rittlette,
in

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, go easy on me. I will be heading to NY with my 15 year old daughter for a theatre workshop which takes place at Ripley Studios, at 8th & 36th. I need a hotel not too far from Times Square from the 19th-23rd of July. I made a reservation from the 23-30th at the French Quarter Guest Apartment and will probably have to move all of our things myself, so not lugging everything too far would be a plus.

I would like a 4* or above, close to Times Square (easy walking), im more into quality that modern, etc. Free internet would be a plus.

I have no idea how to bid and what area just outside TS I should try. Is MTE & MTW the closest? If so, which is nicer?

I'd love to stay around $150 (or less if possible).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Debra

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is a 15-20 minute walk to Times Square considered an 'easy walk' and acceptable? Are you actually looking for easy access to to Times Square or to 36th and Eight Ave? Is the subway an option?

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

15-20 minute walk would be fine, honestly its just the morning where I have to transfer hotels that I am most concerned about and I could always suck it up and take a taxi (im a bit too budget minded sometimes). 36th & 8th is where my daughters workshop will be so it would be nice to not be too far as it starts pretty early in the morning. On the other hand....we'd love to stay in a young, village-y area with small shops/cafe's. If there were a nice spot that we could jump on the subway and be to her workshop easily, we'd be open to that as well. Just want to have a great trip, want her to remember this forever. Not knowing the area is most frustrating as I can't judge safety, village-y, distance etc.

Id love all recommendations and am open to wherever your favorites are.

Thanks so much!!!

What is more important... the best deal on a hotel or being in a neighborhood-y location? The latter can be a bit more difficult to obtain since you can't choose the exact location within a zone. While you can find nooks and crannies of great places all over the city, one of the 'problems' is that many of these places is not where the greatest number of hotels are located. For example, The Village has almost no hotels, and in fact isn't even covered by the PRICELINE map.

If you take the subway just about any place in midtown should get you to 36th and 8th Ave in a short period of time, but the area immediately surrounding the hotel may cater more to the midweek business crowd then a local neighborhood (but a neighborhood won't be much more than a 5-10 minute walk away)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for taking the time to think this through for me! What I would love is a fantastic hotel (4-5 stars, higher the better) at the best price, as close to $150 as possible. Would love to be in a fun area that can be explored on foot, easily accessible to the subway. I hope I dont sound too delusional on. It going to be one of those once in a lifetime types of things for my daughter and me so I am shooting for special as much as I can. If you were going to take a trip to NYC and were looking for a great place, what areas would you concentrate on, im guessing it would be midtown right?

My goal would be the best 4* or better in the MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, ESB, and (in your case) Chelsea too. You'll find some favorites/hidden (or not so hidden) gems near your hotel, but may need to walk 5-10 minutes to get to more neighborhood type places. However, don't discount the stores in the business-y areas either... many are family owned, non-chain, businesses that do an excellent job of servicing the afternoon business clientele (and often attract those that live in the area too).

If the above is acceptable i would bid as follows:

When bidding 4* in NYC you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, ESB, Chelsea...

Bid $110., if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS...

Bid $110., if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, ESB, Chelsea, TS...

Bid $133., if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please keep all posts for this stay in this thread... have you won a hotel yet and therefore know exactly what hotel you need to get to? (as that could make a difference if looking to do mass transit to get to your hotel vs. taxi vs. shuttle)

• 1 year later...

I didn't realize I hadn't updated.  We ended up bidding via the [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] link and stayed at the New Yorker Hotel.  It was nice, I would stay there again.  Art Deco, good location and nice room but smallish.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amount of winning bid so we can complete the topic title and enable this topic to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps... you can likely still view the winning bid amount by going to PRICELINE and clicking the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]