PHL Philadelphia Economy Hertz

Sarah24
By Sarah24,
in

I tried calling the philadelphia airport hertz, but no one ever picks up.

The crux of the problem is that I won a car rental bid, but didn't realize I had put a pickup time of 8:30 pm instead of 8:30 am. I know, stupid mistake. This is my first time bidding on priceline; hopefully I'll get better. Anyway, the rental dates are 8/2- 8/6 and the time on the return is 4:30 pm.

Has anyone ever picked up a car earlier in the day? And if so, was there a penalty?

Thanks for any input.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the car class (economy, midsize, etc) of your rental as well as the amount of your winning bid so we can edit the topic title accordingly.

As far as your situation above, my guess is that if there is a vehicle on the lot they will give it to you early. However, your return time will likely change from 4:30pm to 8:30am (or whatever time you ultimately take the vehicle). Assuming you return the car after 8:30am you will likely be charged the going rate as per the terms of the contract at time of pick-up. Usually there is a charge for the first hour or two, but after that the daily rate kicks in as that is usually cheaper than 3 hours on an hourly basis. The reason for the additional fee is because your win above is based upon a 4 day rental... but you'll actually have the car (assuming you return after 8:30am on the day of return) for 5 rental days.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it ultimately works out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]