Priceline Hotel: ???Priceline Bidding with 2 adults & 1 child???

talltampa79
By talltampa79,
in

Hey guys,

We're going to be stopping off in New York City for 2 nights in mid July. It's my wife, my 11 year old son, and myself. I've used priceline dozens of times and have never had an issue getting two beds.... but then again we've never stayed in NYC. Could I assume that even if we get a single bed room that the hotel could at least provide a roll away bed? Also, any recommendations for cities on bidding zones that are centrally located and close to metro stations? THANKS!!!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

NYC is definitely a high risk when it comes to using PRICELINE with three people - rooms are often smaller-than-average (or much smaller), even at the 3.5*/4* level. In some cases, rooms may be small (150 sq ft +/-) to the point where a rollaway may not even fit. HOTWIRE is a better choice in this case due to the ability to search for the amount of people in the party and ensure some form of bedding for the group.

Personally, I like Midtown East, Midtown West, Empire State Building area, Chelsea - I (personally) would not want to stay in Times Square. TS is the busiest (and also most crowded/expensive) area to stay within, and it's not far to get over there from areas like MTE.

What are your exact date/s of travel and desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

If you don't want to take the occupancy risk with PRICELINE, HOTWIRE could still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, a rollaway brought into the room, etc)

MTE to Times Square is not far, but it's difficult to answer your question since MTE covers a wide area, but generally speaking it's not far, and one on the subway it's less than 5 minutes (the bigger time variable is where you're at in MTE and how long it takes you to walk to the subway from where you are). From many places in MTE you could even walk to Times Square in ~15 minutes.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed, as well as your expected budget, and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]