Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Downtown) Marriott Downtown

trvl3
By trvl3,
in

Learn from my less than perfect bidding below:

SavingsBarn.com link used.

Bid 3* Downtown only $41--rejected.

Added University (an acceptable alternative) $44, again 3*, rejected.

Exited, started over with University plus Stadium (free rebid area),$47, 3*, rejected.

Exited, started over with University only, $50, 3*, bid disallowed as duplicate. (Should have bid University alone before bidding it in combination with Downtown or Stadium.)

Exited, started over with Downtown plus Stadium, 3*, $53, won Marriott Downtown, lowest price on web site is $179. A good deal, with which I'm satisfied, but with other rebid areas available, this bid amount was a mistake. According to my strategy, I should have bid $47 at this point.

Seemed to momentarily assume I had already bid $47 and $50 at both Downtown and University when actually I had only done so at University, with my $50 bid at University not allowed. Too tired, didn't write out list of bids as I should have. Fortunately, only a $6 error at worst and probably less, possibly none.

Thanks for the post and for using the SB links to begin your purchase.

When i first read " Learn from my less than perfect bidding below" i was expecting a tragedy, but was glad to see it was far from it. Six bucks isn't anything to get upset about... especially when you're saving $100+ per nite! :)

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

use this link to go to the Phila Parking Authority . This garage has a weekend special rate of $7.00 :)

The way I see it, you are now up about $10 (including your $6 overbid) compared to parking at the Marriott plus another $125 or more compared to reserving the room directly. Just think, when you check in, the guy next to you will have likely paid $179 and thinks he got a great deal. Hope you're grinning ear to ear :) (just don't burst his bubble)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]