Priceline Hotel: Good price - maybe...

pkerr
By pkerr,
in

Thoughts on this...

The Vendue Inn (charleston, SC) has many different types of rooms at many different prices.

During the time I want to go their prices range from $155 for an interior room (no window) all the way up to $385 for an Junior suite. If I get a Priceline price of $165 and they stick me in the $155 room, am I out of luck or do I have some recourse with Priceline. In addition, if the hotel offers a free breakfast, should that also Apply to Priceline rooms as well?

Thanks

If you bid over the cost of any of their rooms, you are out of luck as they can put you wherever they want, as long as the room sleeps two people. They can put you in the least desirable room available, and it will still be kosher.

Solution: Do not bid over the price of their least expensive room. Even better, do not bid over 60% of the price of their least expensive room. These are rooms they will probably want to get rid of, so no harm, no foul. If you have to go up, do. But not over 80% of their lowest price.

If you go much higher, you will probably overbid. Please read the FAQs and make sure you are an informed bidder. Hope this helps.

Kind of hard not to go over their cheapest price. For 4* places in Charleston everything is almost $100 more than the $165 EXCEPT for these cheap rooms. How do you avoid that problem? If my bid is over their cheapest price wouldn't the PRICELINE price guarantee go into effect then?

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at and continue the discussion for your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare will chime in, but there is no easy solution to your problem. The only way to be sure you don't get that hotel and those rooms if you are bidding is to not bid that zone, and I think all of downtown is one zone. (Even if you bid a lower * level, you could possibly be upgraded, which might not feel like an upgrade to you.)

You might want to look into other options such as HOTWIRE or LastMinuteTravel.com where you can ID your hotel. The Entertainment Book also has some deals where you can get a rebate back; also something called HotelBucks.

Looking forward to hearing what others have to say...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]