Priceline Hotel: Acapulco - July 7

miamihoo
By miamihoo,
in

Over the past three days, I have unsuccessfully bid on 4 star hotels in Acapulco for the night of July 7. My losing bids were $67, $74 and $79. I also unsuccessfully bid $45 on a 3 star hotel today.

Las Brisas is listed at $135, and I assume that is the only 4 star available. I'll try again tomorrow.

Hotwire has a 3 star for $63, but it doesn't list beach or near beach as one of the amenities so I'm scared to book it.

I have a reservation at the Fiesta Americana for $104, but I would rather cancel it and get a better deal.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

With no re-bid zones there isn't too much you can do, but if you really don't want to stay at your current back-up i'd ramp up your bidding closer towards your maximum bid since you don't have much time.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck! Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Try MAPS and HOTELS.com as you may be able to find something on/near the beach for about the same price as your current back-up reservation, but hopefully that you like better.

What is your maximum bid for a 4* hotel?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Octopustravel.com has Las Brisas at $105, so if I raise my priceline bid I would be paying more than if I just book the room at Octopustravel.com. Then again, I've never heard of Octopustravel so I don't know if that should raise a red flag.

My current reservation is for Fiesta Americana for $105.

If you're unsuccessful at the current bid amount, and unwilling to raise your bid, then i would go with your backup or the Las Brisas. If it were earlier before your arrival you could book thru PRICELINE or Hotels.com and make a Best Rate Guarantee claim... but most of these are verified via email and my concern would be that you wouldn't get it looked at in time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]