TN Nashville Hotel Preston Nashville Airport BNA

technotica
By technotica,
in

Oh man this was a good one! We stayed 5 nights here in June 2012 for $57 a night.

I'll just start off with a list of stuff we didn't like since it is a short list. Although these sound like deal-breakers for the hotel - I very much enjoyed it here and I would come back again! This is just me stating some very minor nitpicks.

Cons:

- Internet (while free) is slow. You also need to re-up your internet time every 24 hours.

- Small bathroom. There is tons of open space in the room and then you get a teeny tiny bathroom - pet peeve.

- Noisy. The airfield for BNA ends right by the hotel. You will hear a lot of air traffic. However it never woke me up at night. The interstate is also outside your window - again didn't bother me too much

- No restaurants nearby. We had a few drinks at the bar/lounge one night (just OK) but never ate at the in-hotel restaurant. I don't think I ever saw anyone in the restaurant - perhaps a bad sign?

- TV channel selection is pretty lacking. I filled myself up on tacky TLC shows.

- Needs more outlets! My husband and I have lots of gadgets (2x tablets, 2x laptops, 2x phones, etc) and there were hardly any outlets in this room. We often had to move adapters around to charge stuff. This is the first hotel I've been at where I've had this problem.

- We had to exchange our keys twice because they would become demagnitized.

Pros:

- Super clean! Our maid was amazing, she even cleaned up my tornado of makeup products in the bathroom one morning. Our room was spotless every day.

- Quiet. I know I said the airport and interstate traffic was present. However we had not 1 but 2 sets of infants in different rooms on our floor and I couldn't hear a peep from them once my door was closed.

- Comfortable. King bed was great with lots of pillows. Armchair with ottoman was equally nice.

- Pool was really big and it had a deep end which I enjoyed. Lots of chairs.

- Quirky accents. You can specially order a pillow off the 'pillow menu' as well as a fish+fishbowl or lava lamp. I didn't participate in this, but it gave this hotel some personality

- Free and easy parking. Some of it was shaded even which was awesome with the 100+ temps.

- Business center has free computers to use for 15 minutes plus you get a couple of pages printed for free.

- Location was good. It was about the closest hotel to our conference that wasn't a complete dive. About a 10 minute drive to downtown.

- Staff was friendly and efficient - I was never kept waiting.

- AC was quiet and kept the room nice and chilly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]