Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Downtown Louisville - $115

tonythumbs
By tonythumbs,
in

I think this looks like the Brown, compared to what dsgdcd posted on June 18. Looks the same to me.

4.5-star Hotel in Downtown Louisville

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Golf Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one golf course; an extra charge typically applies.

Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage

Accessible for the deaf

TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock

Free Internet

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Handicapped parking

So, I'm curious is there a list for 21C? Or could that be 21C?

And while I'm at it, I have a couple questions, being as I've never really used PRICELINE and HOTWIRE so I'm new to it.

Assuming that is the Brown. It appears from other threads that people have gotten that hotel with lower bids (like in the $70-90 range) on Priceline. But there are 3 hotels downtown that are 4* (the Brown, Seelbach, and Marriott), if I have that right. Is 21C even on Priceline? Or just HOTWIRE?

And assuming this $115 rate on HOTWIRE is the Brown ... it apepars I have a choice of whether to go with that (and I assume be guaranteed the Brown or 21C for the most part) ... or bid 70-80 on PRICELINE and take my chances.

Do I have that correct?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please post only the amenity names (and not the descriptions) as you can see how much easier it is to read and helps minimize the chance that we'll miss an amenity when researching your trip.

4.5-star Hotel in Downtown Louisville

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Free Internet

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

The amenity set above has previously been seen with the Brown Hotel so that would be my best guess for this one. However, note that hotels sometimes change their amenity sets (or use multiple amenity set from one search to the next) and new hotels are often added to the system... so no guarantees. 21C has never been reported to the board thru PRICELINE, but that doesn't mean that they're not a participating hotel, only that nobody has ever reported it to the board... they may not discount as much as others in the zone and therefore have not yet been won/reported OR they could be a newly added property.

PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, but with HOTWIRE you have the ability to take a guess as to the hotel being offered based upon the amenities shown (and can also know a little about the hotel in terms of some of the amenities offered and often user reviews when shown by HOTWIRE). So it comes down to if you want to roll the dice for a little cheaper price with PRICELINE vs. pay a little more and have a guess at the property and 'know' that it's a good one based upon the reviews you're seeing for this offer.

What are the date(s) of your stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry about the amenity set descriptions. I just cut and pasted. My bad.

Ok, so I did have it figured correctly. That with PRICELINE you can get a cheaper price, but its a total roll of the dice as to what you get (think I saw someone wanting the Brown, and got the Marriott in another thread). With HOTWIRE you pay more, but by seeing the amenities you can make an educated guess as to what hotel it is. Also, because HOTWIRE has 4.5 stars, while PRICELINE only has 4, it appears it narrows it down a little further. It looks to me as though the only 2 4.5 star hotels in that area on HOTWIRE are the Brown and 21C.

Date is July 19, only staying one night.

I was thinking I would just check HOTWIRE every day for a bit to see if the price goes down at all, and if not I can always buy it at what its at. I'm thinking I'm not going to be doing PRICELINE, because I really want either the Brown or 21C. Does that sound right?

I was thinking I would just check HOTWIRE every day for a bit to see if the price goes down at all, and if not I can always buy it at what its at.

What if the price goes up instead of down? What is the hotel pulls inventory and no longer offers rooms for this nite? HOTWIRE only shows one hotel in each zone at each star level, so what if a different hotel is shown instead of the one you want?

Assuming this is the Brown (or even the 21c for that matter) each of these hotels are selling for $250+ for your nite... i'm not sure how much more of a discount you want/expect, but i'd be pretty pleased with this one and if i felt confident it was the hotel i wanted, wouldn't risk losing it by having the offer disappear or be replaced by a different property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]