Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian

swollupcom
By swollupcom,
in

If anyone has any suggestions for this Vegas trip I'd much appreciate them. I've used Hotwire a good bit and priceline once but the Vegas area is too overwhelming for me to know where to start. I like to stay in 3.5* or better and book more on how good of a deal i get than price. We will be going to the Orleans Hotel, Conference Center, and main strip while we are there so I'm also not sure what area to stay in.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Nothing stands out at me as a "must book", but what is your rate at The Orleans? Their website is at $150/nite, but you can book it HERE for $115/nite... which is a pretty good savings. It's also cancellable up until 72 hours before check-in date so you can continue to look for better deals.

Is that good or did you want something on the strip itself?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, I'd say the most I'd be willing to pay would be $180/night. However, I'd say I prefer the "better deal" over price as the deciding factor. Does that make any sense? Thanks again for all the help.

Oh, and does Priceline play any weight on the fact I'm trying to book 2 rooms as opposed to 1?

Thanks...

There is nothing really remarkable available for these dates... it may be a bit early and perhaps you'll see better prices down the board, but i would book a back-up in the meantime.

If you were considering the Sahara it is available for $78/nite thru THIS SITE (i'm not sure of their cancellation policy) or the Excalibur is available for $166/nite.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the suggestions. I booked the Orleans as a back up at $89.02 / night from 10/13-10/17.

My travel plans have now been extended to go from the 13th-17th. Could you suggest a strategy for finding the best rate on a 4* on the strip? I'd be willing to move around if need be.

Thanks again!

For the nite of the 13th i would try to bid 5* in hopes of getting the Venetian.

I would bid $99, but if you want to try lower and use re-bids than you can do so. If you need help with re-bidding or want a more specific strategy let us know.

For the nite of the 16th i would recommend the Monte Carlo for $110/nite.

Let us know how the above two work for you and how it goes... then we can work on the (more difficult) weekend nites.

Sounds good. Using priceline, I tried bidding for the 5* on Thursday the 13th as follows:

$89 - Strip Area

$94 - Strip Area + Airport

$99 - Strip Area + Airport + Boulder Strip

All were rejected with a "Buy now for $144/night"

What would you suggest bidding for the 5* now? And if I dropped to 4*, what would you suggest beginning bidding at?

Also, would the same strategy for the Venetian work for the Sunday 16th?

Thanks again!

It will likely take between $115 and $135 to be successful at the 5* level.

I usually don't recommend bidding the 4* level in Vegas as you can usually find equivalent or better deals elsewhere. If you don't want to bid as high as above let us know and we'll try to find you the best deal at a 4* property.

Rates for the 16th at the Venetian are $379/nite, so you won't have success with the opaque services at any 'reasonable' amount... which is why i suggested the Monte Carlo above.

I booked the Monte Carlo for Sunday night the 16th for $119 after taxes and fees as you suggested. My 3 bids at the 5* level were today so I believe I won't be able to bid for 72 hours.? I'll continue bidding on the 5* for that Thursday 13th.

What do you suggest for the 14th and 15th? (4* on the strip)

Thanks again!

Is it worth bidding on a Priceline for a 4* to save $10-$15 or so? (this isn't a rhetorical question, for some it would be worth it, to others not)

For me, in Vegas, location is important and i don't think it's worth the risk of a poor location, if that is the case here would be what i see as your options:

Monter Carlo for $110/nite.

Caesar's directly thru their website for $120/nite

Hotwire has a 4* in the North strip which matches Caesars for $100/nite, which would equal about $108 after Hotwire's fee is take into account. As well, many of the hotels in Vegas look the same, i haven't seen any that look like the Hotwire offering other than Caesears, but there is always a risk that it could be another property.

Personally i'm not a fan of Caesers as i found it a pain to navigate as well as the distance to the curb too far, but others seem to like it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]