Need help

help1help
By help1help,
in

Hi I am definitely new to this forum so would like some help in determining what to bid and where to bid as my DH, myself and our three children will be going to VA beach on 8/26/12-9/1/12 for our second ever family vacation. This year we would love to be able to be able to see the ocean from our room, have a free breakfast that includes more than donuts and juice. Any help would be appreciated. We were looking at the Neptune Park inn because of the price point because we need to stay around 500 for the 6 night stay. But the reviews for it are making me nervous. Please help. We are planning on doing Ocean breeze water park, captain jack pirate adventure so we can see dolphins, the aquarium, the zoo etc. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

There are some issues with PRICELINE; it only offers double occupancy/1 bed. Additionally, Oceanview is going to be an upgrade at most properties and PRICELINE/HOTWIRE reservations are not eligible for upgrades (although you can certainly try to ask politely at check-in - worst thing they can say is no.) The other issue is that you have to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded zone, and not all hotels may be beachfront/oceanfront. HOTWIRE would be a better choice as you can search for 4 and ensure some form of bedding (may be 2 beds, 1 + sofabed or other option.) 5 in one room is a risk and if you want to take the risk, it would be suggested to not have everyone at check-in - maybe have part of the party wait outside.

With HOTWIRE, you can look to see if there is a listing with beachfront or oceanfront and breakfast - there may not be, but that would be the way to try to guarantee these amenities. Are you seeing any listings of interest when searching for your dates?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

There are two I am looking at both on hotwire:

** Virginia Beach North area hotel

Price 78 per night

Amenities:

Property is located within easy walking distance of a beach.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage

Accessible for the deaf

TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

Second hotel looking at:

** Virginia Beach Seaside area hotel

93 per night

amenities:

Pool(s), Restaurant(s)

Any help identifying them would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Please post only the amenity names (and not the descriptions) as you can see how much easier it is to read and helps minimize the chance that we'll miss an amenity when researching your trip.

]2* Virginia Beach North area hotel Price 78 per night

Amenities:

Pool

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Free Parking

Complimentary Breakfast

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

Best guess for the property above is the Travelodge Bay Beach while my guess for the Seaside property would be the Quality Inn Pavilion.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]