Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* El Paso - Las Cruces (West) Doubletree El Paso Downtown/City Center

TxtoAZ
By TxtoAZ,
in

On Hotwire...it says that they are still gathering reviews on a 3.5* El Paso West Area hotel. Now really there are only 2 3.5 star hotels that can even be considered west area (if you include downtown) which would be Double Tree and Camino Real...only one of them has free parking...which is one of the amenities listed. However the site DOES have plenty of reviews for the Double Tree so I wonder if it's actually a 3* hotel that they are calling a 3.5 star...

I noticed that they tend to have inflated star levels when you don't get to see the names.

Any ideas? Also- I found that Springhill suites or Holiday Inn Express could match this although they are both 3* hotels.

Has any one had any experience with realizing that "still gathering reviews" translates to "around 20 or less reviews" on their site where they show the names? That seems to be the case.

I'm worried that if I purchase the 3.5 star listed that I will end up with one of the 3* hotels that are just new.

I just don't think they would say they are still gathering reviews for the actual 3.5 * hotels since they have plenty of reviews for them.

It's the Doubletree.

I guess they just decided that they are gathering more reviews even though they have a ton.

What I did was buy one day...and then I just did a separate reservation once I knew where it was. Cost $10 more total....totally worth it knowing.

Listed in Green: free parking; free internet

3.5* El Paso West Area: airport shuttle, fitness center, pool, golf nearby

July 26th-29, 2012

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success! Glad to see you guessed correctly and received the hotel you were hoping for!

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed above, which would not have been seen unless you clicked the 'See all' link during the check-out process... can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of amenities associated with this property. You can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

In your reply can you please also indicate the room rate per nite.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]