Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Hilton Times Square

oscargrouch
By oscargrouch,
in

I'm looking for this weekend - 7/29-8/1. 3 nights. 4 stars. So far I've bid (Priceline):

MTW (added UE, UW) - $115, $125, $135

MTE (same) - $121, $131, $141

All rejected so far. Any idea where a Midtown 4 star will really wind up at this point? Hotwire is currently at $210. I'd rather not go Downtown unless it saves at least $20/night.

By the way, is there a formula to the Priceline and Hotwire fees? Priceline totals seem pretty high compared to the nightly rate (almost 20% tacked on). What are the actual taxes for Manhattan hotels?

Thanks.

I made those earlier today. Since then I've also done UM/CPS with the rebids up to $150. I can have the person i'm taveling with bid if we want to start over. I suppose the max right now is $175 but we need a room, so...

Guess I was fooled by that $81 I got for the Marriott Marquis back in December or I'd have done this a couple weeks ago when Hotwire was at $150. :)

By the way, is there a formula to the Priceline and Hotwire fees? Priceline totals seem pretty high compared to the nightly rate (almost 20% tacked on).

Taxes in NYC are 13.375% PLUS $3.50 per room per night. I have noticed in the past year that Hotwire and Priceline fees have gone up substantially, in some cases they approach 20% or more. Is staying in Jersey City an option??

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTE and MTW...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $175.

That will take you to your maximum bid.

Any questions feel free to ask and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would bid as follows:

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $146, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $149, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $152, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $149, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $152, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTE and MTW...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $162.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]