Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago Suburbs (Oakbrook - Downers Grove) The Hyatt Lodge At Mcdonalds

purplelotus
By purplelotus,
in

I also used Priceline's $5/day offer. First bid $58 ($63 with $5) and got counter to add $14-$77. So I added a free re-bid zone and bid only $3 more, $61, ($66 effectively,) and got the Hyatt. I used the PRICELINE link. I also think that Priceline's fee is higher when one gets these offers. Tax rate is 9% in Oak Brook so I calculate that their fee is about $27 ($4.50/night) , $10-$15 higher than my 2 previous wins in this area. Anyway, it's a reasonable deal. AAA rate on Hyatt's website was $125 which included breakfast. Have never stayed here before.

• 2 weeks later...

Hotel has been recently renovated. Great beds. Decor very businessy, but rich-looking. Hotel installed a new phone system and TV system the week before we arrived. The phones didn't work in the first room they gave us. That was 2 queens -- claimed they didn't have a king when I checked in. Two queens don't have enough space in them. Also it had a lousy view. Since we had to change rooms, I asked for a king, and voila, they found one. This room reeked of cleaning fluid so I asked for another one. Got another king (had a great view) which seemed fine until the next evening when we tried to watch the TV. Didn't get all the channels. Anyway, the TV supposedly was fixed (it took 50 minutes), and then it didn't work at all the next day. This happened every day. I did want to watch Wimbledon since it was so unbearably hot outside. Anyway, I kept complaining and asked for something so we got free breakfast the last 4 days. They did offer to change our room after the third time the TV didn't work, but that is a major hassle so we kept hoping they would fix it properly. TV was not working when we left this morning.

Gym at hotel is very nice. Lots of classes and equipment. Also hotel setting is pretty with short trails although again so hot, we could only walk early in the morning.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]