Hotwire Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown - Pike Place) Sheraton

jellybeans
By jellybeans,
in

Hi,

My girlfriends and I are planning a weekend trip to Seattle. It will be for Jul 20 - 22 and we are looking to book a 4 star hotel. There will be 8 people coming and we were hoping to get 2 rooms and have 4 people in each room. I know that Priceline is only for double occupancy and that if you wanted 2 beds in a room, you'd have to call in an request for it. I also read on one of the threads that the likelihood of getting 2 beds may depend on which city you are booking the hotel for (i.e. a family friendly city like Orlando vs. not so family friendly NYC). Based on other people's experiences, what do you think is the likelihood of us being able to get 2 beds in Seattle if we bid through Priceline? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks in advance!

If it were me i'd play it safe and use HOTWIRE and include as many guests as you need accommodations for... like most large cities expecting two beds in each room is a lofty expectation. It may ultimately work out fine, or it may not, and there is no way to know ahead of time. Ultimately it's a risk that you, and your friends, will need to decide to take or not.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I decided to play it safe and booked through Hotwire. Thanks for the tips. I was able to get a decent price. I booked for $199 per night. However, after checking the Sheraton website, the regular price is $214 per night. So I guess it's not that big of a savings.

Thanks for the help though!

Congratulations on your success!

Sorry to see the savings weren't that much on this purchase, but at least you received a nice, and well located, hotel.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]