Priceline Hotel: 3* Virginia Beach (Area) Doubletree Hotel Virginia Beach

josie123
By josie123,
in

There is the possibility of being upgraded to a higher star rating (if there is a higher star rating available in the zone) when bidding.

Please let us know the details of your stay (date/s, city, zone, desired budget, desired star rating) and we would be happy to offer suggestions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I am trying to plan something for this weekend in Virginia Beach. 6/28-7/1 or possible through 7/3. I have been following the site and noticed that the 2.5 star La quinta was won recently, but so was the doubletree which is several blocks from the beach. I know the doubletree is a 3 star and comes up less expensive than the La quinta so I am kinda of worried that even if I bid for a 2.5, I may get the doubletree. My husband bid earlier today up to $105 in beach area for 2.5 star and was rejected. Thanks so much. Appreciate any feedback.

Automatic upgrades on PRICELINE bids do not happen constantly, but they do happen. HOTWIRE would be another option, where you can be able to make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing. If HOTWIRE would be of interest, are there any listings of interest showing when searching for dates? If so, please provide the full details (star rating, price per night, amenities and zone.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

HOTWIRE will also enable you to choose a property that shows 'Beachfront' if that is what is important to you for this stay.

Alternately you can try our MAPS and HOTELS.com which makes it easy to see which hotels are near the beach and how much more/less it would cost to stay closer/further away as well as how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

If/when you're ready let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll try to assist further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry to see you didn't receive the hotel you were hoping for. As per this thread, it's recommended that you Don't Bid Higher for a Specific Hotel.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]