Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Chicago Suburbs (Oakbrook - Downers Grove) Holiday Inn Express Downers Grove

NEO_Vega
By NEO_Vega,
in

Hi

I am travelling with 4 ppl needing 2 rooms for 2 nights for a wedding in Chicago. We agonized about whether or not to stay downtown with the other guests or head out to the suburbs.

I had a cancelleble reservation at the STAY INN in Lombard while looking for other options, thinking I might go with HOTWIRE because of the predictability.

Then I got one of those emails with a PRICELINE $5 bonus cash offer that I just could not pass up.

There seem to be a number of 2 - 2 1/2 star hotels with budget prices that could be had in the Chicago suburbs, but not always with the best of ratings. All 2 1/2 star hotels are not created equal. That is why I thought I would control things by going HOTWIRE.

It looked to me like the Holiday Inn Express was showing up on HOTWIRE aat $44 for the same time frame, but since I only had a 24 hour window for bidding did not want to chance bidding at $38 or $39 thinking that would be close to their accepting point. I wonder how much of the $5 really comes from PRICELINE'S concession of fees, or how much is a "sale concession" that the hotel has to bear just to participate. I am guessing that they might split the concession down the middle...

Which is how I arrived at my bid of $41. Add $2 or $3 of true PRICELINE fee concession to my bid of $41, and you get to $43 or $44 matching the HOTWIRE deal.

Anyway, I am happy, and am very thankful for the all the good information here at BETTERBIDDING. The HOLIDAY Inn Express offers a hot BREAKFAST buffet too, which further adds to the value! :D

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]