Priceline Hotel: Why coulnd't I rebid?

IUdaughter
By IUdaughter,
in

I am looking for a hotel in Santa Claus, IN. The highest level is 2.5* in Dale, then 3 other rebidding zones that have 2* or below. I bid $35 for Dale at 2.5*. Didn't accept. Was asked to rebid. I added a rebid zone and increased to $40. The site said it couldn't accept my request at this time but gave me other hotels in the area to look at. There were still 2 rebid zones available for me. Why did it not give me the option to add another area?

Thanks.

You could still re-bid, but you need to re-access the bidding page.

Your bid was rejected, and PRICELINE doesn't know if you would attempt to bid again by re-bidding or leave the site and book direct. Since they know you need a hotel room, rather than risk that you won't bid again, they decided to show you some 'retail' offers in hopes that you'll find something interesting and choose to book direct with them.

When this happens, assuming you used the BiddingHelper.com or PRICELINE search box on the top right of this page, simply click the GO/SEARCH button once again and resume your bidding. Your previous bids still count in terms of duplicate bid rules, so you'll need to add any re-bid zones you were intending on using and continue your bidding as usual. One of the (many) good things about the search boxes on the board is that when your bid is denied and your sent to the retail listings, it's easy to close the current browser and re-click the GO button again since all the information from your previous search is still there, so it saves you time having to fill out the form once again.

What re the dates of your upcoming stay and maximum bid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hmmm...I have never used that search box, just the link you provide. I did it again today through the link and did the same thing. It will only let me rebid once and then it gives me hotels. I opened a new browser and it wouldn't let me bid again. That's the first time that has happened and I use PL about 5 times in the past. Anyway, I'll make sure to use the search box tomorrow.

7/3-7/5.... I was hoping a 2.5* for around $60/$65

I opened a new browser and it wouldn't let me bid again.

What happened when you tried to bid again? Did you try to bid with only the original zone you had bid previously... or did you add a re-bid zone to bid you placed before (and which was rejected)?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]