Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Providence - Newport (Newport - Middletown - Jamestown) Hyatt Regency

Tennisman
By Tennisman,
in

Was using 2 free nights (Chase Hyatt Visa - nights expire 7/31) at Hyatt Regency Newport. We had stayed there last August using Pricline and got $136/night. However, Priceline now groups Goat Island with other areas, so I couldn't be sure I would get the Hyatt when I bid on the Priceline site. Since I knew I was staying at the Hyatt on Friday 6/29, I needed to be sure I got into the Hyatt 6/28 as well. (The other Priceline Hotels are in Middletown, Newport...and I think the Marriott might be a **** hotel)

(By the way, I have another free night for the Chase Hyatt Visa this year, but it won't work on this hotel. That's because the hotel is a Hyatt Class 5 and the free nights on the "anniversary year" are only good for Class 1 through 4.)

I called Hyatt directly and the best they would offer was $214/night companion room rate, or $38 more per room than the Hotwire rate.

From the Hotwire site, it was pretty clear what they were offering for $176 was the Hyatt. The hotel is listed as Ocean Front, and I think most of the other area hotels are NOT ocean front. The kicker was the Hotwire site also noted that the hotel carries a resort fee. I don't like the resort fee ($35 in prime season), but at least it pretty much verified that they were offering the Hyatt.

The $176 rate seems high compared to the $136 I had gotten before, but I wanted to make sure we got the hotel, and it was better by $38 than what Hyatt would do for me directly (rack rates on all sites are about $399). Sure enough, came up to be the Hyatt.

Total cost for 2 rooms (including taxes) of $404.92, NOT including the $35/room resort fee. So, nearly $500 total for both rooms. Sometimes, they will waive the resort fee for the 2nd room for a family splitting up a room - will try.

As always, bid through Hotwire Better Bidding link.

Regards,

Mike

Congrats on your success. :)

Nice win for the Summer period and glad you are looking forward to your stay.

Can you confirm the full list of amenities that were showing with this listing? This information is available under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account. Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Amenities

Oceanfront Property

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Also, for some reason, trip only came up when I included 2 kids for the 2 rooms. When I entered 2 adults, 3 kids, Hotwire search did not provide me with option for Hyatt hotel (perhaps because rooms originally given had 2 double beds). No matter - I re-ran search with 2 adults, 2 kids (for 2 rooms).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]