Priceline Hotel: 5* Zurich (Central) Zurich Marriott Hotel

Sota327
By Sota327,
in

I'm planning to be in Switzerland late July - early August and I'd like to spend 2 nights or so in Zurich (right now I'm contemplating 8/1-8/3, two nights, in Zurich). The Marriott (5* central Zurich zone, previously reported wins on this forum for around $100) for around $100/ni would be a good win in my book. But, it appears bidding in Zurich is really a one shot deal because there are only 2 zones and both have 5* properties.

Is there any strategy that I might be missing? Or am I stuck just bidding daily around $100 until I can secure a win?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, August 1st is National Swiss Day, so I am prepared that rate could be more expensive. The good thing is that we are taking our Swiss au pair back home to visit her family and we have a place to stay. I'm just hoping that my husband I can get a hotel for the last 1-2 mights of our stay. I will follow up if we secure something.

• 2 weeks later...

It's looking more like we will only get one night in Zuirch; Friday, August 3rd.

So today I bid 5* Central Zurich @ $85 and received the following counteroffer:

"We searched hundreds of options to find your hotel room, however we can't accept your offer of $85 per room, per night. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number zzz-zzz-zzz-zz. If you are willing to raise your price by $23 to $108 per room, per night, you can try the same request again right now. "

So, I'm guessing I could get the room for $95-100 and I'm trying to decide whether to accept the counteroffer of wait another day. I'm fairly certain this is the Marriott Zurich, and that hotel's website says that night is 245CHF.

I think I'll wait the 24 hours and try to do better than the $108.

Today (7/23), I finally secured the Zurich Marriott for $95 for the night of August 3rd (hopefully the forum moderator will change the title for this thread). Since receiving the first $109 counteroffer last week, I have subsequently bid $88, $90, $92 and tonight at $95, waiting 24+ hours between bids and each time receiving a counteroffer at either $108 or $109. Tonight I got it for $95, which is consistent with another reporated win for the night of August 4th. Here are the details:

Zurich Marriott Hotel Central

Neumuehlequai 42, Zurich, Switzerland

41-44-360-7070

Offer Price:

avg. per room, per night US$95.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 1 + Add nights for the same rate!

Room Subtotal: US$95.00

Taxes & Fees: US$14.87

Total Charged to Card: US$109.87

Very happy with this win. This hotel has great reviews on Tripadvisor and my husband knows several airline crew type that have lots of experience in Zurich hotels and this is reportedly one of the best, according to them.

Used PRICELINE link on this forum for all searches & bids.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided late on Thursday, August 2nd to head to Zurich that evening versus the next day. Logged on to Priceline around 7pm local time that evening to see if I could activate the "extend your stay" feature for the night of 8/2 (changing the check in to 8/2 as opposed to 8/3). Made the request and it was granted (was very happen given the time of day and the need for a room that night). So, we ended up staying 2 nights @ $95. Excellent value for this Marriott hotel. Only small snafu was that while the Priceline confirmation # was the same and it seemed as though priceline was confirming the one reservation for two nights, the hotel still had us down for two separate one night stays (with apparently pre-assigned and different room #s for each night). When the clerk said "for one night," we corrected him and he was quickly able to get us the same room # for both nights (because the night of the 3rd was reserved first, I think they had already assigned the room number, this probably soesn't happen when you extend your stay by changing your check-out date).

This is an excellent property for this rate. We had a nice king size bed (not the traditional two singles put together as is pretty common in Europe). The view wasn't antying special, but we were in the room to sleep so the view didn't matter. We would defintely return!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]