Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Conrad Chicago

show14
By show14,
in

We have been bidding on hotels for the last week in the North Mich. Ave zone and Millennium Park. We almost always get the Hyatt or Conrad, so we were hoping for something on the North end of town.

This bid I went down to 3.5 with only the North Michigan Ave - River North Area selected with a $90 Bid. I got a message that they would accept a $113 Bid. I declined. Went back and entered Franklin Park (only has a 1-Star Economy hotel) and put in $100.

Very pleased with the Conrad Chicago Hotel at that price. We are looking forward to a weekend in the city. I hope this helps with other bids.

By adding the franklin park, is there no way you can get in there with the 3+ star and above?

I have never bid that way and was worried adding an area so far out just in case. I have used a 4 and 3 1/2 for the price I was hoping and was denied. I wanted to ask before I add it.

So let me see if I'm understanding your bidding!? You bid a 4* at $118 immediately before bidding and winning the 3.5*? Did you have the NMA-River North checked? If so, then the Conrad has been downgraded to a 3.5* just recently? Moderators, what do you think?

DOBDABOMB, try bidding the Franklin Park area alone, to make sure a 3.5* does not come up as a choice. That's how I make sure it's safe to use as a free bid

I clicked it by itself and it only shows a 1-star as does the midway south. So If I bid for a 3.5 or 4 star and missout, click on Frankling or the midway one and re-bid there is NO WAY it will ever pick the Franklin because there is only a 1-star. Correct? I have never bid that way.

So let me see if I'm understanding your bidding!? You bid a 4* at $118 immediately before bidding and winning the 3.5*? Did you have the NMA-River North checked? If so, then the Conrad has been downgraded to a 3.5* just recently?

The Conrad is still currently 4* rated by PRICELINE. The OP bid for 3.5* in the NMA zone at $90 and received a counter-offer of $118. Didn't take the counter-offer but instead added a re-bid zone (Franklin Park) and bid $100... got upgraded to the 4* level and received the Conrad Hilton.

For more on re-bidding see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained.

I clicked it by itself and it only shows a 1-star as does the midway south. So If I bid for a 3.5 or 4 star and missout, click on Frankling or the midway one and re-bid there is NO WAY it will ever pick the Franklin because there is only a 1-star. Correct?

Yes, correct, except that there is no 'Midway South' zone... i think you mean Midway North (just clarifying for other/future readers). When bidding 3.5* in Chicago you actually have FOUR re-bid zones... if anyone needs help identifying them OR wants confirmation of their re-bid zones always feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for their own trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]