Priceline Hotel: 4* Boise The Grove Hotel

nvherron
By nvherron,
in

A friend called me and wanted to stay in a Boise 4-star, and just wanted the cheapest rate that could be had...so I was up to the challenge! I knew that the only 4-star in Boise was the Grove, and there were 4 free re-bid neighborhoods. This left quite a few opportunities for re-bidding. The best rates available online was $139.

Bid #1...$75, 4 Star, Boise only...Rejected

Bid #2...$80, 4-Star, Boise + Boise Airport...Rejected

Bid #3...$85, 4-Star, Boise + Meridian...Rejected...Counter-Offer of $22 More (for $107 total...no thanks!)

Bid #4...$90, 4-Star, Boise + Nampa...Rejected

Bid #5...$95, 4-Star, Boise + West Boise...Accepted

It just goes to show you how stupid accepting counter-offers is. In this case you would have paid $12 more per night on a 3-night stay. And that is just pure profit for Priceline. There is no added benefit to you for it. The hotel doesn't come out any better, or treat you any better for it. They have no idea how much you overpaid. It's a waste.

It so much fun bidding with someone else's money. It's not so personal then. However, in hindsight...there were so many re-bid options. I should have done $1 or $2 increments after the counter-offer to reduce the amount to the lowest amount to be accepted. I most often do this when bidding for myself. It could have went for $91 or $92! Oh well!

However the gal I was bidding for was willing to pay even the $139 amount, so she was happy...she just didn't want to overpay. Can't blame her for that. Thanks BetterBidding.com.

Oh the thrill of the chase! :) Personally I would have done 2.5 Star or 3 Star and saved another $40 to $50/night. But 4-star was important to her.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]