Priceline Hotel: Paris CDG airport now with East and West zones

Romelle
By Romelle,
in

I see Paris airport bidding is now split into three zones - Orly, and then East CDG and West CDG. CDG was formerly just one zone. From the zone map, it looks like the some of the more expensive hotels are in the East zone.

From my research:

Paris Airports (Airport Charles de Gaulle CDG)

4* Hilton Airport - East

4* Marriott - East

4* Millenium CDG - West

4* Novotel Wellness and Convention Center - West

4* Pullman Paris CDG - East

4* Sheraton Airport - East

3* Hotel Mercure Roissy - West, but also showing as a 4* on Maps and Hotels

I'd welcome a double-check.

Romelle

This is how it appears to me (changes in bold):

Paris Airports (Airport Charles de Gaulle CDG)

4* Hilton Airport - East

4* Marriott - WEST

4* Millenium CDG - West

4* Novotel Wellness and Convention Center - West

4* Pullman Paris CDG - East

4* Sheraton Airport - East

3* Hotel Mercure Roissy -West EAST (and is currently 3* rated by PRICELINE)

If you doublecheck the two bold listings do you agree?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think between the two of us we got it!

And nobody else jumped in with a correction, so that is an additional check.

I'll be bidding it in about a month, although I'm not sure why I looked at the list. It seems I usually get something not yet reported ;) .

Romelle

Just stayed at millennium CDG 2 months ago and can recommend it. (booked on PRICELINE $79 which is an excellent rate for that hotel)

The east hotels are literally on airport property ..the west hotels are in what is generally referred to as a zone industrielle .. They (west hotels) are from what I believe serviced by the same shuttle bus which can take up to one hour because of numerous hotel stops and then 2 airport terminal stops however are really only 10 mins from airport. Most intl flights to the us leave from terminal 2 which is HUGE, you are dropped at the top of the bus drop off area which is NOT the same as arrivals/ departures, have to take one slow elevator down and then have a VERY long walk to whatever terminal you're at example 2A 2B. I used to live in France, speak French and even I felt it very confusing. There is no one to help with bags when bus drops you off.

In short, nothing wrong with the west hotels however take a cab and don't rely on he bus unless you really have plenty of extra time ie arrive at chek in TWO hours before AND allow one hour travel

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]