Hotwire charged credit card with no booking confirmation

Eduardo_K
By Eduardo_K,
in

Hello,

I was booking a hotel in Washington DC today in Hotwire.

After I put all my information, and my credit card number, checked the "agree with terms" box, I clicked the "BOOK" button.

The next step should be the booking confirmation and tell me my hotel name.

But then an error has happened, and in the next page, the following messege was shown: "We're sorry, but availability changes quickly. The hotel you selected is no longer available. Your credit card

has not been charged. Check out these great deals."

But the fact is... MY CREDIT CARD WAS IN DEED CHARGED!!

I called my bank, and they confirmed it.

I sent Hotwire an e-mail and I'm waiting for the answer.

So... I would like to know: has it happened to any of you??

I was really surprised with that, and I hope that the amount be reversed from my credit card.

Please follow-up your previous thread with whatever you ended up doing for each stay:

Hotwire New York

Hotwire San Simeon

Hotwire San Diego

... then reply to this thread indicating if this is for your upcoming Washington DC trip, we'll then comment on your situation above (assuming you have not yet resolved it with HOTWIRE, but if you have, please conclude this thread with the outcome)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I sent an e-mail to HOTWIRE about my situation, and they told me that there was only a PRE-AUTHORIZATION on my credit card.

I waited some days and called my bank to confirm... and the credit card was really not charged as they told me.

So it's already resolved!

This situation was for my Washington DC trip. After this I made my reservation in the HOLIDAY INN KEY BRIDGE, direct in the hotel site..

About the three hotels you said (NY, San Simeon and San Diego), I replied the topics. None of them was reservated through HOTWIRE.

Thanks a lot for your atention!

By the way... I made another reservation through HOTWIRE (but did not create a topic for this) in Rehoboth Beach area (DE). Would you like me to create a topic about this trip, for your data bank?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]