Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) W New York

EddieMagic
By EddieMagic,
in

I am looking for a MTW / Times Square property, four star for Aug 3-6. Hotwire has a Times Square - Theater District area hotel listed for $179. The amenities are: Fitness Center, High Speed Internet access, Accessible path of travel, handicap parking, restaurants, accessible to blind, in-room access, rollin shower, business center, accessible to deaf, accessible bathroom.

Recommended in 90% of HW reviews. Any ideas of what hotel this is?

Also, this is my first trip to NYC with my 16 year old son. Other than MTW/Times Square, what would your next suggestion be for a different area to search for a hotel?

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This would be a possible match for the Crowne Plaza, Millennium Broadway or Hilton Times Square. Personally, I would really not recommend staying in Times Square - it's the most popular area, but it's also the most expensive and most crowded. Personally, I like the Midtown East area - it's a very nice area and still very convenient to Midtown sights.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Midtown East Area Hotel

4* Aug 3-6

$161

90% recommended

Amenities: Fitness, HS Internet, Accessible for deaf

Accessilbe bathroom, restaurants, tennis nearby, accessible path of travel, handicapped parking, business center, accessible to blind, in-room access, roll-in shower.

Also, is it recommended to look for hotel deals within, say, 7 days of travel for best deals, or one month ahead of time?

Thanks,

Eddie

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please click each of the links above and reply to this thread, we'll then continue the discussion for this trip and have a look at the latest hotels you posted above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... each time you access the respective sites.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Help ID - MIDTOWN EAST, Aug 3-6,

90% like

$145

Four star

Fitness center, restaurants, business center, high speed Internet , spa services

Help ID - MIDTOWN CENTRAL, Aug 3-6

95%

$209

4 1/2 star

Fitness center, high speed Internet , restaurant , free Internet, business center

Thanks

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the results.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]