Priceline Hotel: 5* Bangkok (Sukhumvit) JW Marriott Bangkok

Latitudes
By Latitudes,
in

Update:

• 5* Sukhumvit $65 - Rejected
  • - one night $70 - Rejected
  • + Siam Square $75 - Rejected

I nearly added Silom in the hope of getting the Shangri-La. I didn't because I hear that the Banyan Tree is no so nice, so I've avoided bidding in this zone.

Banyan Tree is still a very nice hotel... usually because it's an all suites hotel, and the view from the suites is just great. But it's not very likely that you will end up with the Banyan Tree. So don't worry for Silom. (Though the Shangri La has the better location, I would in any case be happy if I got the Banyan Tree instead of the Shangri La in RS.... because the "standard suite" of the BT is in any case much better than a standard room (PL) at the Sha-La! )

Could someone help clarify something for me?

I was about to put in my bid for 5* Sukhumvit, then I noticed that the taxes as estimated by Priceline come to around $16/nite.

The reason this is significant for me is that my alternative is "Majestic Grande", a newer 4* hotel in the same area, which I can book for ~$70/nite, BUT that figure already includes taxes.

So to really get an apt comparison, it seems like I should compare 1. MG @ $70/nite 2. JWM ~83 + 17 = ~$90/nite. Of course one property is 4* and the other 5* in terms of comparing the two.

Am I making any sense? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question, but this is my first experience with Priceline!

Thanks for your help!

Success!

• 5* Sukhumvit $83 - Accepted

JW Marriott Bangkok

4 Sukhumvit Soi 2

Bangkok, Thailand

+66-2-6567700

Check-In Date: Thursday, October 6, 2005

Check-Out Date: Saturday, October 8, 2005

Your Offer Price: $83.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $166.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $38.10

Total Charges: $204.10

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]