Hotwire: Figuring out hotel based on amenity listing

Chase123
By Chase123,
in

I need some specific help with Hotwire. I often read that you can identify what hotel is being offered by "matching the satisfaction score" with the scores posted in Trip Adviser. <?>

I'm not seeing the connection between the two. The scores never seem to match, and vary in how they are reported.

Perhaps a moderator can send me a private message or tell me what I should be reading on this forum to get a better idea of figuring out what hotel Hotwire is offering. Often there is more than one hotel offering the same amenities, but they greatly differ in quality, even if they have the same star-rating. If a moderator can help me individually, please feel free to delete this posting. Ironically, I find it much easier to guess what hotel I am going to get with Priceline.

Thanks !!

I need some specific help with Hotwire.

Then provide specific information ;)

Do you have a hotel you're trying to identify for an upcoming trip? Please provide the star rating, city, zone, dates of travel, room rate per nite and the full list of amenities associated with the property offer... we'll then have a look and try to help you identify it.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click each of these links before replying)

Thanks.

PS- did you ever book anything for travel over Memorial Day? Please follow-up your previous Holiday Bidding thread with whatever you decide to do for the holiday (even if "decided to stay home" is what you decided)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Chase123,

For us amateurs , the process involves simply comparing the amenities of a Hotwire-offered hotel vs the amenities of betterbidding reported hotels (usually the first post of each geographic area). Beyond that, thereuare and AaronJB often have some deeper historical knowledge, knowledge of various hotel amenity patterns so they can deduce from one city to another, and probably some other info. There might be some deep dark secrets?? Nah.

But just the reported lists is a good start, and often will do the job.

I think the "satisfaction score" bounces around with new reportings, but is indicative if it is in the right general area.

For "on the quick" bookings, sometimes you just have to take a chance.

But for your last minute bookings, I hope you will still link through here to help keep this board funded. And also report your results to help increase the information base.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]