Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami Downtown Sheraton 11/15 $35

mlgood
By mlgood,
in

I am sorry if I screw up this post but I am so new to this it's not even funny. I just discovered your site yesterday and thanks to you guys I already have my first successful bid! We have been looking for a spot to stay on Nov. 15th which is the night before our Carnival cruise and were finding everything so expensive in Miami. I used the bidding strategies that have been posted here and this is what happened.

First bid of $30 for 3* in Miami Downtown was rejected. Priceline said if I increased price by $8 it was mine but I had read on an earlier post to go back out and add an area and then change the price.

Added the area of Southeast Miami which only has 2.5* or lower and then changed my bid to $35 and it was accepted at the Sheraton Biscayne Bay!! I am so excited, however, my husband (who never researches anything by the way) feels I must be getting ripped off and says he'll believe it when he sees it. Secretly, though, I think he's excited too.

Subtotal = $35.00

Taxes and Service Fees = $10.34

Total = $45.34

Tomorrow I will call the hotel to arrange the room type. Does anyone know what the parking fees are at this hotel. I read that they have valet and self-park but couldn't find rates. Thanks a bunch for everything!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You did great... in your bidding technique and your posting technique.

We love to hear stories like yours and i'll even tell you how it ends... between now and November you have trouble not telling everyone that you know and meet about the great deal you got in Florida via Priceline (while your husband is in the background rolling his eyes), you arrive at the hotel and think to yourself how it was the best $35 you've ever spent on a hotel room, you return home and your husband begins to tell everyone the great deal he got on Priceline! :)

Have a great trip, and thanks for posting your results!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]