Priceline Hotel: Winning Bids

suiteblackjack
By suiteblackjack,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are high for this weekend... if you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Booking more rooms shouldn't make much of a difference, but if anything, it's more of a hinderance than a benefit in the instance that you need four rooms but only three are available.

You can see the hotels that have been won in our PRICELINE HOTEL LIST and HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not a big fan of the Excalibur either, but sometimes for the price, it offers a good value relative to other properties.

We never say that a hotel is the only one at a given star rating in an area (it may be the only known hotel at that star rating. From the top of every hotel list on the board:

you MAY get a hotel that is NOT on this list, or get a hotel on this list but at a star level you didn't expect (if the star rating has changed).

If you want the Rio we can help you bid for it, but i think it will be about the same as an equivalent hotel on the strip (i'm seeing on-strip deals for about $175 or so)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd like to spend around $150 or less (But, if I had to I'd pay a bit more for the Rio). I see that it's on Orbitz for $244. What do you think a good bid amount would be for this zone? Also, I was wondering about Resort Hotels on Priceline. If you put in a bid for a 4 or 5 Star, might they put you into a Resort and say it is the same thing?

You can see the star rating heirarchy in this thread: PRICELINE STAR RATINGS.

A more important thread that you will likely want to read is PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED. Please read the previous thread and ask any questions that you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

At the 4* level you have three such re-bid zones (again, confirm them with the board to make sure you got them right) and i would proceed as follows based upon your maximum bid:

Select 4* West...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]