Priceline Hotel: 3* Baltimore (Columbia) Hilton

MichaelBei
By MichaelBei,
in

Very surprising development! :)

Using a brand new credit card, bid $35 for Colum-Jessup and Hanover-Ft Meade zones, 2.5 star, counterbid offer to $44, instead added bwi and bid $37, success. Hotel is completely SOLD OUT for Saturday night, even for multiple night stays.

What should I request / ask for if I get there and they tell me they don't have a room for me?

Hilton Columbia 3-star

Check-In Date: Saturday, July 23, 2005

Check-Out Date: Sunday, July 24, 2005

Columbia - Jessup

5485 Twin Knolls Road

Columbia, Maryland 21045

410-997-1060

I have heard of this happening before, but this is the first time I have experienced it.

You can find my winning bid at:

Winning Bid at Sold-Out Hotel in Columbia, MD

I am to stay there tomorrow. Anyone know what to expect here?

Hopefully they won't try to leave me on the streets, I've paid already. If they walk me to another hotel should I expect an equal quality hotel, any kind of incovenience benefit (dollars off a future stay, whatever). What's Priceline going to do about this, if anything?

I think that if they walk you, Priceline should refund your stay. Lots of people have had that happen. But if you don't want to be walked, phone up the hotel and say you'll be coming in at X O'Clock, and you just wanted to confirm your reservation. That will reduce

"Sold-out" doesn't necessarily mean what it says.

Thanks so much for the tips guys! I'll try to show up as early as possible for this, but if Priceline is really willing to refund my purchase price if I am walked, then I won't be too concerned about the inconvenience.

I will report back later my experiences.

BTW, the total on this was $48.96. I checked, taxes are still 10% in Columbia for this hotel. That means Priceline's fee for this reservation was $48.96 - 37 - 3.70; or $8.26. They should be making boatloads of money now on their "name your price" reservations with these fees.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]