Concerns re: Priceline flights

skap
By skap,
in

Hello all, and I apologize in advance if these questions are answered somewhere that I wasn't able to locate...I'm new and all this info is a little overwhelming!

I have used Priceline in the past to book hotels and had generally good experiences. I have never used them to bid on a flight and am considering it for an upcoming trip but have a couple concerns. First, is there a minimum layover length? I know that the max is 3 hours for a domestic flight but I didn't see anything about a minimum. Which brings me to my next question: if you were to miss a connection, how is that dealt with? Do you go through the individual airline or through Priceline? I read somewhere that the airline doesn't see it as their responsibility to rebook you on another flight if you bought through a third party like Priceline. That seems crazy, especially if you missed the flight due to a previous flight being delayed. Can anyone help me?

Thanks so much!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I don't believe there is any minimum connection time, but PRICELINE books on regularly schedule flights and routes... so if a flight wouldn't be offered by the airline thru a traditional search due to the connection being too close, then i don't believe it would be something that would result in a ticket thru PRICELINE's Name Your Own Price.

From PRICELINE (current at time of posting):

If you are at the airport and concerned that you may miss a connecting flight, you will need to go to the ticket counter and advise them of your concern. If your delayed flight causes you to miss your connecting flight the carrier will re-protect you on the next available flight.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and the details of your trip (arrival/departure cities, dates, current ticket prices thru traditional channels, expected budget, etc).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click each of these links before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]