Hotwire Hotel: Help Identify Two Hotels in Chicago (Downtown-Millenium Park-Grant Park)

jessica.melody
By jessica.melody,
in

Hi There

I am trying to book a hotel room for 3 nights (June 16th-June 18th) through Hotwire and am wanting to ID two hotels before I decide which one to buy. I checked on the hot Wire Hotel List for Illinois, but I can't seem to ID the first hotel, especially. The second one might be a bit easier, but since I am already writting on here, I figure I'd get your opinion on both hotels.

**FIRST HOTEL**

Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park - Grant Park area hotel

3 star SUPER SAVINGS (Says the Hotel is $212/night at other sites)

RATE = $129.25/night

Reccommended by 45% of customers -- is this a bad sign?

--Amenities (full list)--

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities

High Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped Parking

**SECOND HOTEL**

Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park - Grant Park area hotel

4 star SUPER SAVINGS (Does not say what the hotel would cost at other sites)

RATE = $154.00/night

Reccommended by 95% of customers

--Amenities (full list)--

Indoor Pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Thank you so much in advance for all your help! The first hotel will be about $100 cheaper than the second hotel, all said and done. I would obviously love to save a bit of money, but I also don't want to get disappointed with a bad hotel. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hopefully I hear back before they sell out!!!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Are you staying 3 nights checking out on the 19th, or are you checking out on the 18th?

Additionally, as for the price per night for the first property, are you viewing in USD$? If not, please click the USD$ tab in the upper corner of HOTWIRE and note the prices in USD$ for both listings.

Also, 45% in definitely *not* a good review% from HOTWIRE customers.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi!

We are staying 3 nights checking out on the 19th (we'll need a hotel for Saturday the 16th, Sunday the 17th, and Monday the 18th). We don't mind switching hotels once during our time there if it would be worth it.

No! I was looking in Canadian. Here are the USD prices:

**FIRST HOTEL** --> (3 Star) = $123.00/night

**SECOND HOTEL** --> (4 star) = $147.00/night

Any suggestions as to what deals we should use for our stay would be greatly appreciated. As I said, we wouldn't mind splitting up the hotels if it would save us money, so if you have any suggestions that incorporate that idea, please feel free to let me know.

PS of course, I used the site's button to search these prices.

The 3* has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd strongly suggest against it - I'd guess it may be something like the Travelodge or Congress Hotel.

My guess for the 4* would be the Swissotel.

As for splitting -

If you search for 2 adults for 6/17-19, there is a 4* in the Mag Mile - River North area w/pool, smoke-free, internet, restaurant, business, indoor pool, fitness for $113 (the price you see may vary slightly.) This would be a possible match for the Sheraton.

For 6/16-17, which is FAR busier, I'm seeing a 4* Mag Mile-River North for $178, with the amenities as:

Boutique Hotel,Smoke Free Rooms,Fitness Center,Restaurant(s,),Business Center,High-Speed Internet Access,Accessible for the blind,Accessible for the deaf,Free Internet,Accessible path of travel,In-room accessibility,Wheelchair accessible,Accessible bathroom,Roll-in shower. That would be the Felix, which gets mixed reviews, but is in a very nice location.

The price you see may vary slightly, but at those prices it's not a massive savings over the 4* property you mention above - it would be just under $40 saved *total* over the 3 night period. Whether or not that's worth moving is something that is going to vary on the individual.

I'm also see what appears to be the Palmer House for $113 for 6/17-19, what appears to be the Swissotel for $129 for 6/17-19 and what appears to be the Sutton Place for $133 for 6/17-19. Let us know if any of these would be of interest and please let us know if you have any questions before booking.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]