Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Allentown Ramada Allentown/Whitehall

Lunia2000
By Lunia2000,
in

Bid $45 for a 2.5* for a 6/13 - 6/14 stay on Priceline for area area 1 "Allentown". It listed Free Breakfast as an amenity. Priceline counter bid for $58. I accepted and got the Ramada Allentown/Whitehall. Not a terrible deal, but not the best deal after fees and taxes. Mixed reviews, but all we are looking for a room to crash for 8 hours in after a day of driving. Will leave a review after our stay.

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps not your first hotel choice in the area, glad to see your needs are minimal for this brief stopover and this will work for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Ramada Allentown/Whitehall Review:

I would not recommend this hotel for anyone. The most striking thing is that this hotel is in a very sketchy area of town. After walking in and being bombarded by the smell of smoke and the atrocious looking lobby, we walked out and I booked at the Best Western for less. I would much rather lose the money that was prepaid for this hotel, than have to spend several hundred dollars to repair a broken in car, or leave smelling like smoke. The few minutes we were inside it seemed the hotel staff would also be an issue. There were several other people waiting at the front desk, and it seemed the staff were having problems doing even the most simple of tasks. This hotel should be closer to a 2* or below.

Sorry to hear of your experience. In the future you should give the company you booked thru a call and explain the issues you have with the property. HOTWIRE is usually a bit more sympathetic in these type of instances than PRICELINE, but the usually require that you at least show up at the hotel (which you did) and resolve any issues you have with management first.

Hope your future purchases and results are more to your liking.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]